Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Print Preview not same as Actual Print

Erik

This topic is 8490 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm not sure if this is the same as the font size problem discussed already...

One of the faculty in my school is using Filemaker (4.1 I think wink.gif ) and the print preview does not show an actual representation of the print job. This results in a job overlabbing multiple pages when it should be on one.

I checked the paper sizes and everything seems correct, but any ideas would be appreciated.

edit: forgot to mention this is under windows 9x OS

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited February 02, 2001).]

Unfortunately for many inkjet printers under windows, this is pretty common. Fidelity between screen display and printed copy is almost flawless on the Mac, but is really problematic on the PC. For some reason, Windows with a given print driver does not always faithfully reproduct the screen display. -bd

What you are experiencing is the difference between the screen fonts and print fonts - some are very close, while other fonts are not close at all or may not have a print font at all.

One thing you can do to help reduce this is to limit the font(s) used on a layout. We use only 2 fonts - Arial and Times New Roman.

If you are experiencing word wrap, try making the fields and text blocks a little larger (wider) than needed to accommodate the kerning differences between the screen and print fonts.

This topic is 8490 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.