Replicating Filemaker Status Bar

frinholp

This topic is 4752 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

I am trying to replicate the native Filemaker status bar. Two reasons for this. My aunt who I'm developing the database for wants certain extras on the toolbar and I have used an archiving system that makes the found set and total record data inaccurate.

I am having trouble with two things:

(1) Disabling the small toggle status bar icon in the bottom left corner

(2) Replicating the green found set pie chart

I have tried creating a chart using my total live records calculation field and my total found calculation field.

In value data I have specified the two fields aforementioned and set use data from current record. No chart displays, just a white box.

Also if anybody has tried replicating the status bar in the past any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Lee

Thanks Comment

From help:

Lock prohibits the user from using the status toolbar control to manually show or hide the status toolbar.

I had been using Show/Hide to try and acheive this - oops.

You must have corresponding labels - even empty ones.

The pie chart now displays.

Having trouble with my data set now. I'm using field Table::cRecordsFound as one value and calculation Table::cTotalActive - Table::cRecordsFound.

Performing a data watch:

Table::cRecordsFound = 1

Table::cTotalActive - Table::cRecordsFound = 2

Yet pie chart displays one series as 100%

BTW the legend shows I am using two series.

I expected 1/3 and 2/3 to be displayed.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Lee

Try:

Label Data = "¶¶"

Value Data = List ( Get ( FoundCount ) ; Get ( TotalRecordCount ) - Get ( FoundCount ) )

You should have only one data series.

Make sure the chart is set to 'Use Data From: [Current Record (delimited data)]'.

• Like 1

Thanks Comment

Works a dream. I should've investigated creating pie charts more thoroughly.

X-series

From help:

Pie charts: For Label Data, type the fully qualified name of the field representing the data series you want to chart or click to specify a data series for the X-series.

As ever, your help is greatly appreciated.

Lee

Sorry Comment

You don't by any chance know how to do any of the following?

(1) Change the tooltips - I have read the help page but I am not able to alter the tooltips as the option is ghosted in the inspector. I would prefer it if I didn't have the default Value:1, Value:2 etc.

(2) Remove the border when selected - I have removed the border when not selected but on mouse click a black border appears.

Lee

The "tooltips" you see are not produced by Filemaker; they come from the chart engine and AFAIK you cannot turn them off.

Re #2, you could set the chart object to be a button (Show Omitted Only). Since the button must be rectangular, it will be rather ugly when clicked - but at least it will prevent selecting the chart.

Alternatively, you could chuck Filemaker's native charting and produce the chart in a web viewer.

This topic is 4752 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.