"Printing can not continue because this printer is not connected to a port. Use the Control Panel to set up a port."

swl

This topic is 4542 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm seeing this dialog in a new FM v11 installation on a Windows 7 machine. I fixed it once by uninstalling all printers and reinstalling the printer drivers, then the printers. It fixed it for about a week and has re-occurred.

Anyone have any ideas on how and why this might be happening? A fix of any kind would be wonderful!

Thanks,

Denis

• 7 months later...

I have the same issue and cannot figure it out either... Have a 4-computer database running and one day to another it gave the error. Only quick solution is print to PDF and print from that PDF. All other apps are OK, just Filemaker cannot print. It did happen after a Windows 7 security update, so maybe something is blocked afterwards... Uninstalling printers on 4 computers isn't fun and seems useless if all other apps can print normal.

OK, I found the solution...

Go to Filemaker folder and right click properties on the program icon. There select the compatibility tab and set the program to run in "Vista" compatibilty... See attached pict.

Right away all worked fine, no need to remove or reinstall printers.

post-94185-0-97249500-1321556068_thumb.p

This topic is 4542 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.