Timestamp Uses Server Time

This topic is 4769 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The timestamp fields for the database seem to be using server time, which is different from our local time. Is there a way to make the filemaker file use server time +3 hours? Or is there another solution? If I use calculation fields then all of the old data will be displayed as the wrong time. This is for a lot of different fields, so I'd rather not go down that road.

Thanks

Are you using Get( CurrentHostTimestamp ) or Get( CurrentTimestamp ) in the calculation? Also, is the calculation being performed on the client or on the server?

For the most part they are just Timestamp fields with auto-enter creation date or auto-enter modification date. I would not want to use Get(CurrentTimestamp) because we have some people who travel but still want the timestamps to be eastern time.

For creation date, I guess my plan will be to disable auto-enter timestamp, and then insert it through the record creation script with Get (CurrentHostTimestamp) + _cTimeDifference, where _cTimeDifference will be a constant in case we decide to change hosts or host it ourselves some day. Unless there is a better solution. It will be a hassle to change this in about 20 different places.

Modification timestamp will probably be a little more difficult.

This topic is 4769 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.