Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Goto Layout - ORIGINAL - WON'T GO

Fast Dog

This topic is 4774 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have 5 layouts. 4 of the layouts 'can' access layout #3. I want Layout #3 to have a "RETURN" button that when pressed, takes the user back to the 'original' layout from which they came.

Seems like GOTO LAYOUT ORIGINAL should do that? I created a button and in Button Setup specified Goto Layout - Original. It does NOTHING. So, I wrote a script and put GOTO lAYOUT -ORIGINAL in the script and hooked it up to button. I tracked it in debug... it executes but goes NOWHERE.

(Yes, all the layouts are checked in layout management)

There are no error codes.

Got ideas?

Thanks

The "original" refers to the layout that was current *at the start of the script*, so it's only useful in scripts while the script is running.

What you need to do is keep track of layout navigation. How this is done depends on your version of FMP. IF you are using 11 you can use script triggers to remember the layout name (or ID) onLayoutExit and use this in a script to t return to it. There are probably some demos around.

The "original" refers to the layout that was current *at the start of the script*, so it's only useful in scripts while the script is running.

What you need to do is keep track of layout navigation. How this is done depends on your version of FMP. IF you are using 11 you can use script triggers to remember the layout name (or ID) onLayoutExit and use this in a script to t return to it. There are probably some demos around.

Thank you. My 'concept' of how "Original" should work was flawed. Your idea sounds like the winner.

This topic is 4774 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.