Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing Two Check Stubs in same form

johncrane

This topic is 8472 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I need to print a check and a check stub. The check is at the top of the form and the check stub is directly below the check. The check stub contains the items being paid on the check. This will be a list view to show all of the items being paid. The kicker is that the check stub is designed to show the items being paid twice. The format of the check is shown below"

---Check-----------------------------------

date paid

paid to Amt

---Check Stub 1-----------------------------

Invoice # 1 Amt paid

Invoice # 2 Amt paid

---Check Stub 2-----------------------------

Invoice # 1 Amt paid

Invoice # 2 Amt paid

End of Form

Can Anybody think of a technique where I can print the two list on the same form.

This is a standard type check form thatb is used by Quicken so I assume someone has run into this problem before. Thyanks for any suggestions.

Normally, it's not recommended to print portals, but it looks like this may be the solution to your problem. If the check is in a related file, then put two portals in the check file, displaying the invoices being paid.

If the check is just a summary part on the invoice file layout (generally not a good way to set up your files) then set up a self join relationship by check number or whatever field you sort by to group the invoices together. Then put two portals on the layout using that relationship, and displaying the invoice data.

This topic is 8472 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.