Layout Object Resizing

tlevon

This topic is 4756 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello everyone,

I 'm not quite sure if this is the appropriate section of this forum, but I have the following question.

I have built a medical database and in the report layout it has various objects (rectangular boxes for different sections, such as history, medications, complications etc) which contain all the available information about a patient (either true or false). My concern is that this kind of report is too lengthy (e.g. it needs approximately 20 pages for printing). This is a kind of extended report which I want to include in my database. I also want to create an abbreviated report based on the previous report which will only contain my true values (e.g. if my patient has had a specific complication during his hospitalization and not most of the complications of the extended report marked as false). So, my question is the following, is there any function (apart from sliding & visibility) which I can use to resize my rectangular boxes to contain only the desired information. Forgive me for repeating but I 'm only interested in resizing the particular rectangular boxes which may contain either one, two, or more lines of information. This resizing should be dependent on these particular lines of information.

Thank you in advance

Levon

So, my question is the following, is there any function (apart from sliding & visibility) which I can use to resize my rectangular boxes to contain only the desired information.

No. All solutions I can think of use one of these features.

You should probably look into the Entity-Value-Attribute model. It was developed primarily for medical solutions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entity-attribute-value_model

This topic is 4756 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.