Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portal popup menu filtering too well

Downsy

This topic is 4756 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I have a table of users who are linked to a school table by a unique number called "DestNo". Each school has 4 users attached to a school.

On a layout I have set up a network group with an attached portal where I add a school as a member of this group via a popup menu. At the same time in that portal I can add via popup menu the related user (from tblUsers) I have a direct relationship between tblUsers and tblSchools by the DestNo. Now the user field is filtering too well and picking only the 1st record of the 4 possible users. The other 3 do not show up.

Any ideas

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Peter

Hi

sorry for my vagueness

OK

4 tables - tblUsers and tblSchools and tblNetworkGroups and tblNetworkGroupsList

tblUsers and tblSchools are linked by the field DestNo (every school has a unique DestNo and there are 4 corresponding teachers in tblUsers that are related to each school by the DestNo).

tblNetworkGroups and tblNetworkGroupsList are linked by the field grpID.

I have a layout that is linked to tblNetworkGroups. It displays information about network groups that schools can join. On this layout I have a portal that is attached to tblNetworkGroupsList that displays all the schools who are members of the selected Network Group. (works fine)

In the portal I have a popup menu that connects with a valuelist displaying a list of schools that can select. So as you select the new school it populates the record (new member of Network Group),. Next field along is also a popup menu of a valuelist of Users. This is where the problem is. Instead of displaying all 4 teachers related to the selected school it only shows the 1st related teacher in the record (so it is showing the right teacher but only 1 out of 4). The value list is set up to display all records.

Clear as mud??

Thanks again

Cheers

Peter

Did it work !!!

awesome

I mapped the relationships from your database against my relationships (just different table names) and picked up my error straight away. Was missing a relationship join between tblUsers and tblSchools.

Works a treat.

Thanks heaps

Cheers

Peter

This topic is 4756 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.