Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Survey question

This topic is 4770 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi

I have a basic survey with questions

Some are yes/ no

Some are multi choice

One of the final questions is only applicable if the answer to an earlier question is 'yes'

How can you set the later question so that it is visible only if the earlier question was answered in the affirmative

------------------

The survey is utilized by an operator ringing the person to be surveyed and asking the questions and entering the answers on the screen

Thank you for any advice

Bob M

• Newbies

I don't know if this is a scalable solution, but I created a "survey layout" with global fields. When the user clicks submit, the values of the global fields are entered into the response table. This is a touch unwieldly but I named the global response fields numerically so that my script can step through each field and enter the values into the table. However, you must ensure that the fields are cleared for the next customer. I still feel like my solution is a bit cludgy.

As far as the "conditional" question is concerned, I used conditional formatting to cover up the dependent questions.

I think there is a lot to be said for one question per layout and stepping through the different screens, but I feel like that takes a bit longer for data entry. If there was a better way to get the survey questions on a single screen (that could account for multiple question types), I would love to hear it too.

This topic is 4770 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.