related database created by someone else

This topic is 4747 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've been assigned a project to create a FM 10 database that relates to another FM 10 database created last year by someone else on a different machine.

Mine works fine as a FM file on a PC or Mac, however, the related data isn't being accessed when I use IWP on the Web.

Any suggestions how to get around this problem, without recreating the older FM database.

My guess is it has to do with authentication or enabling IWP privileges.

You may already know this, but under Help > Product Documentation > Instant Web Publishing Guide is a lot of very useful information. From p. 29:

"If your solution includes multiple files, Instant Web Publishing must be enabled in all databases. If you don’t want related files to be accessed directly, you can exclude a filename from the Database Homepage by enabling the Don’t display in the Instant Web Publishing Database Homepage option in the Instant Web Publishing dialog box.

If your solution includes multiple files, then identical accounts, passwords, and privilege sets must be created in each file used by Instant Web Publishing. The account and password you provide when you open the first file is used to authenticate related files."

This topic is 4747 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.