Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problems with ODBC data displaying

This topic is 4625 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi everyone. I'm new here and not an advanced user of FileMaker, so please excuse me if I accidentally post something stupid or not quite within the board guidelines.

I've been using FM pro to manage my ODBC databases - they link into my website data. In the last couple of days whenever I open any of them, only the first few lines of data show, and the rest is just questionmarks. I can't access any of the FM menus - or if I can, it takes ages to respond.

It intermittently says "find in progress" and shows a number, which is going down. In the top information bar, where it shows the total the number there is also occassionally dropping. On the screenshot attached, this started out with some thing like 67700 and in the last 15 minutes has dropped to 67236.

We've checked the databases online and they're fine. I have a web guy who ran through some checks for me yesterday and they all came back with no errors. All of the data is showing fine on our website too - so I really don't think there are any errors there.

I also recreated some of the documents - respecified the data source - it linked into the databases and picked up field headings etc no problem, but exactly the same thing happened when it came to displaying the data.

If anyone has any ideas about what could be wrong I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi everyone. I'm new here and not an advanced user of FileMaker, so please excuse me if I accidentally post something stupid or not quite within the board guidelines.

I've been using FM pro to manage my ODBC databases - they link into my website data. In the last couple of days whenever I open any of them, only the first few lines of data show, and the rest is just questionmarks. I can't access any of the FM menus - or if I can, it takes ages to respond.

It intermittently says "find in progress" and shows a number, which is going down. In the top information bar, where it shows the total the number there is also occassionally dropping. On the screenshot attached, this started out with some thing like 67700 and in the last 15 minutes has dropped to 67236.

We've checked the databases online and they're fine. I have a web guy who ran through some checks for me yesterday and they all came back with no errors. All of the data is showing fine on our website too - so I really don't think there are any errors there.

I also recreated some of the documents - respecified the data source - it linked into the databases and picked up field headings etc no problem, but exactly the same thing happened when it came to displaying the data.

Thanks

No screenshot attachment.

Which driver are you using? The trial mode Actual Technologies drivers limit the SQL retrieval to 3 records until registered.

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

Check that the data being queried and your field names is not approaching 16K characters or more. Filemaker ESS won't deal with the data properly. Also be sure that your Primary key is indeed unique.

Cheers!

Lee

Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • Newbies

Hi I have suddenly just experienced the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

I have a FM database which is referencing a bunch of fields in a mysql database online. The FM file is hosted on FM server. Just upgraded to Lion server and now only 3 or 4 lines are showing. If I copy the same DB onto my local machine and run in filemaker 11 NOT hosted through FM server - it works fine. I guess it may be a licensing problem with the actual OBDC driver - I only have the personal edition - as I only ever have less than 5 users. Do you need the server edition for server - even if you only need 5 connections?? It all worked fine running FM11 server under snow leopard server yesterday!

Thanks

UPDATE - FIXED see this post.

http://fmforums.com/...sql-datasource/

This topic is 4625 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.