Select 4 records to merge to layout

Derf

This topic is 4743 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database for a Resident’s association that charges an annual fee. If residents do not pay this fee the association places a lien on their property. The lien form has to follow a specific format set by the State. We can only place a max of 4 records on each form. Each record needs 2 lines to show data. See layout below. I can sort to a residents list that are past due. What I want to do is add a check box to this list and choose which records to transfer to the Lien form, so I can limit them to 4 or less records. Can this be done and can I use 2 lines per record? Portal? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

NAME AND ADDRESS (space) LOT NUMBERS (space)YEAR (space) AMOUNT

Joe Smoh (space) 324,325 (space) 2010 (space) $104.00

3241 Stone Rd

Tom walker (space) 234,235 (space) 2010 (space) $ 70.00

7654 Bay St

sorry can't get spacing to carry through.

It's not an actual form but a format that we have to follow, same thing I guess. Here is a copy if I can get it to attach. What I need to merge in, is done in RED (max of 4 records at a time) the rest is the standard form for all of them. The pdf was created in Word 2010. BTW all names and addresses are fake.

Lien on Property.pdf

So why don't you simply print all the records that need to be printed, using a list layout with large header and footer parts - so that only 4 bodies will fit on a page? Note that it doesn't need to be accurate, since you can set the body part to force a page break after every 4th occurrence.

So I could put the standard text in the header and footer and just size the body part to hold 4 records. Sounds easy enough, I will give it a try, thanks again for the help.

I wish I had a lot more experience under my belt. I love this stuff when everything finally works right, it's great. I only occasionally use FM so everytime I do, I have to relearn it all over again. thanks for your help.

Ok so far so good. The next problem is that there is about one and a half inches of space between each record now. I tried the slide up option and searched the help files but can't figure how to adjust the spaces between each record.

You can make the body part as short as you need. If you have selected to force a page break after every 4th occurrence, there will never be more than 4 records on a page. The only thing you need to worry about is having less than 4 (i.e. making the header or the footer too tall).

Sorry to be a pain.

I made a list view, shortened the body, lengthened the header and footer and it worked great. 4 records showed at a time.

Then I adjusted the fields left and right to line up with the titles above and then when I go to browse mode and preview, the records are now 2 inches apart vertically. I didn't adjust them up or down why did they change? I can't get them to move back. Only one record shows at a time now.

Thanks for all your help.

GOT IT!

Wow what a nightmare. I must have re-done this layout 5 times. Spent days searching the help files and google. Each time I added the footer it messed everything up. My son who does IT support for a big Corp. helped and we got it to work. The body has to be just barely the size of one record to make it work. I kept thinking it needed to be enough for 4 records to fit. Then the footer follows right after that and it works great. Is there a really good instruction book out there for FMP 11? One that gives details? :)

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

This topic is 4743 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.