If/then

surlyb

This topic is 8405 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I recently inherited a database from a third or fourth party. It is a 700 strong database of names and addresses. It has fields for name, work address, work address 2, work city, work state, work zip, mailing address, mailing address city, mailing address state, mailing address zip. While everyone on the list has one address, not everyone has the two, and in some cases the mailing address and work address is the same. I need to send a letter to all the names. Is there any way to set up an if/then statement, so that if one address exists (i.e work), the letter will be addressed to that one, and ignore the other, and vice versa? If no work address exists it will select the mailing address, and if the two addresses are the same that only one will be selected?

You'll need to add another field (addressPrint.calc) just for the printed address:

addressPrint.calc : Case(IsEmpty(workAddress), homeAddress & "P" & homeCity & " " & homeState & " " & homeZip, workAddress & "P" & workCity & " " & workZip)

The "P" is a paragraph return, and I'm sure the names of the fields woudl need to be corrected. The above is set to print the work address first, and if no work address, then the home address. To reverse this, just change the IsEmpty test to be the homeAddress field and then reverse the names beteen work and home fields.

This topic is 8405 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.