Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Auditing the opening of files

This topic is 4743 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've watched the videos but am curious as to whether Docubin has, out-of-the-box, a feature to track not only which users have checked out a file but which users have opened the file in the OS. I need to track who may have printed a document. I'm trying the demo version and see that a user has the option of checking out a file when opening. I would like to track the fact that the user opened the file even if they opt not to check it out for editing. Would that require extending the out-of-the-box offering and would anyone have any suggestions?

Paul,

We have plans to add an Audit Log to DocuBin. Please let me know if there any other specific logging requirements that you have and I will add them to our list of feature requests.

Thanks for considering DocuBin!

Michael

I've watched the videos but am curious as to whether Docubin has, out-of-the-box, a feature to track not only which users have checked out a file but which users have opened the file in the OS. I need to track who may have printed a document. I'm trying the demo version and see that a user has the option of checking out a file when opening. I would like to track the fact that the user opened the file even if they opt not to check it out for editing. Would that require extending the out-of-the-box offering and would anyone have any suggestions?

• Newbies

Paul,

We have plans to add an Audit Log to DocuBin. Please let me know if there any other specific logging requirements that you have and I will add them to our list of feature requests.

Thanks for considering DocuBin!

Michael

It would good to be able to report on who accessed a file from within Docubin using the Preview feature as well as who opened it with the native OS.

I'm not a Filemaker developer but I read that Docubin is unlocked and extensible so I suppose if we were going to purchase Docubin for our use we would need to implement something ourselves until the new feature comes out right?

It would good to be able to report on who accessed a file from within Docubin using the Preview feature as well as who opened it with the native OS.

Thanks for the feedback. I will add this to our feature request list.

I'm not a Filemaker developer but I read that Docubin is unlocked and extensible so I suppose if we were going to purchase Docubin for our use we would need to implement something ourselves until the new feature comes out right?

This is something you would be able to implement yourself, but please remember, any changes you make to DocuBin will not be retained when you update to a newer version of DocuBin.

This topic is 4743 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.