Open URL email help

CWH

This topic is 8366 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Can anyone tell me why the first calc below works but the 2nd fails to put the e-mail address into outlook? They're from diff dbs so field names are diff, but the scripts to call them are same (Open URL, No dialog, name of calc field)?

"mailto:" & PI_Email & "?subject=" & "Cycle#" & CYCLE# & "-" &Type_of_Grant & "-" & ID#

"mailto:" & E_mail & "?subject=" & "Global Strategies Invitation"& "?body=" &"Dear " &First Name & Last Name

thanks for any suggestions

If the email address isn't getting to the email program, first check to make sure that the calculation is correct. Place the calc field on a layout so that you can take a look at what it actually has. If there is not an email address in the correct place, put the email address field on the layout too. It's probably a problem with the contents of the field and not the Open URL step.

Chuck

Thanks for that advice. It helped me figure out what an IDIOT I am. I put the calc and e-mail field in a layout and it still wasn't showing up, allowing me to brilliantly deduce that there is no e-mail address in the random record I was testing the script on.

Thanks again.

This topic is 8366 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.