Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMPro Deleting all records instead of single record

This topic is 4712 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I love FMpro... or at least I used to. It's so easy to use and so versatile. But I have just found a problem after years of using it successfully. My databases are never that big, or complicated - they just do the job. They usually have a lot of calculations and derived fields, sometimes include relationships but not usually. I am using FMPro V9 on Mac OSXv 10.4.11

But a very recent problem has arisen which I can't undersand. It hasn't happened before.

I have a small databse of around 250 records. I chose to delete one record, and it kindly deleted around 50! I hadn't taken a backup, and then, painfully, re-entered the information again. I now take a copy of the database whenever I add or change it.

I tried again - it did the same thing again today and it delete all but one record. I can't work out why it's doing this, or how it decides how many to delete.

I am no really scared. Has anyone come across this or know what might be causing it, or know of a solution.

Advice / help would be much appreciated.

FM does not randomly delete records. Without seeing the file (and the relationships), we'd only be guessing. Can you Save a Clone and post it?

I agree with Barbara, a copy of the file would be better than having us guess our way around it.

Are you doing this using a script, or manually?

Lee

This topic is 4712 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.