Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Accessing remote database from Win 7 pc

This topic is 4707 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am having some trouble with one particular computer. This is a Windows 7 computer, that is using File Maker Pro Advanced. This is the only computer that is unable to access a database over the network. I have installed the updates for File Maker Pro. There are two different Vlan's on the network with one being locked down more than the other. This computer is on the more secure Vlan but other computers on the same Vlan do not have any trouble accessing the same database. I have tried to do a complete reinstall of File Maker Pro. Was able to do a packet capture from the computer to the server and did not see any packets being dropped because of any firewall rules. This is the only computer that is running the Advanced version of File Maker Pro. Any help, suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeremiah

It's a long shot but check your Windows Task Manager and make sure Filemaker Pro Advanced.exe process isn't already running. On rare occasion mine won't start because it is already running yet the application looks to be closed.

This topic is 4707 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.