Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Same Account Name for different user

This topic is 4711 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I need to create same login name for two user with different password in a same database file.

In My application there is two companies. From one Company user can't acces another Company files. both using same tables. User(Staff) login will created using Accounts settings.

1.Some times Single user may need access in both the Companies.

2. Some times two different User with the same names.

So I need to create the another user(with same user name) with different password.

Thanks in advance...

How is filemaker supposed to tell them apart? Will they first have designated their company name? If so, the user could activate a script that uses a Custom Dialogue or Layout that gets the Company Name, Login, and Password. Then have the script lookup a new (hidden) login name that you have assigned to the users, keyed by the Company and Old Login. Your new login names could be serial numbers, or a calculation that combines the Company Name and the old login name. The script would then re-login using the new login name, and prompt the user for the password.

To set this up you would need to first import all of the user names from the two companies. An admin script could loop through all of the user names and use the "Add Account" script step to generate account with the new (unique) user names.

Edited by mfero

Hi,

I need to create same login name for two user with different password in a same database file.

In My application there is two companies. From one Company user can't acces another Company files. both using same tables. User(Staff) login will created using Accounts settings.

1.Some times Single user may need access in both the Companies.

2. Some times two different User with the same names.

So I need to create the another user(with same user name) with different password.

Thanks in advance...

Account Names must be unique in FIleMaker Pro. This is by intent and design; it reflects standard Information Security Best Practices. If a given user needs access to records of both companies, create a separate Privilege Set for that user's Account that does not employ Record Level Access. You would use RLA for all other Privilege Sets. Attach to that second Privilge Set the Accounts of the users restricted to one company or the other.

Steven

This topic is 4711 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.