Server install and Server Side Script

This topic is 4694 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi two seperate questions.

Q1:

I have a filemaker 8.5 Server. Im upgrading its licence to v11.0 license. I want to use a new second computer for the 11.0 version.

Q: Can I install the new 11.0 alongside the old 8.5 Server on the same Network without getting a serial number clash on both and hence both servers not working? (8.5 Server = win2003 Server, 11.0 Server= win2008r2 Server). In other words does an 8.5 serial number clash with a 11.0 serial number from the same licence? The plan is of course to switch off the 8.5 Server after the sucessful install of the new server.

Q2: I have a script that assigns some variables and loops through some records, its quite simple.

It runs just fine. When I run it Server side though, I get an "error 103 Set Variable" in the Servers log. What is this? Im only setting a local variable...

But it does seem to work okay.

Im running the script with a login that has server side full access priveleges and with "Run with full priveleges" enabled.

I also get some "Error 101 Goto next record"s but see in the forums that this error is thrown just when "Goto next record" exits because its the last record.

So that one doeesnt bug me; but the set variable error does...any tipps? Is my set variable actually working anyways?

Thanks

the Spongebob

Q1: legally, absolutely not. You could use your FBA license for testing if you're worried about that.

Q2: 103 = relationship missing. That sounds like a context issue. What are you setting the variable to and it that logical from where you are when the step is executed?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

sorry for the delay I was out of town for a while. Thanks for your responses.

Next Important server question.

I have now upgraded my FMS 8.5 to FMS 11.3 I did this by installing FMS 11.3 onto a second disk inside the server and I start up from that.

Works fine. Now. Of course I took my FMS 8.5 files and put them onto my FMS 11.3 server for sharing.

Heres the question: Say there is now a disaster and the FMS11.3 Server is not stable. Can I take the same files that have now already been used under FMS11.3 and reshare them with my old FMS8.5 Server? This is of course assuming I have not made ANY structural changes to the files (only used them in other words added data).

In an emergency thats an option right? (my clients are all still 8.5)

Re my variable; Ill have a look at the code and let you know.

Thanks

Spongebob

Heres the question: Say there is now a disaster and the FMS11.3 Server is not stable. Can I take the same files that have now already been used under FMS11.3 and reshare them with my old FMS8.5 Server? This is of course assuming I have not made ANY structural changes to the files (only used them in other words added data).

Yes, that will work. There is no conversion between 8 and 11.

Best regards,

Wim

Great thank you!

By the way; the 103 Error has gone now and I cannot regenerate it. So....lets tick that one off for now and thanks for your help regarding it anyways.

Spongebob

This topic is 4694 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.