Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filtering data for two sales people.

This topic is 4670 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have two sales people. I have assigned each person an employee number, 10 & 50.

My question is with permission, I can control what screens, forms, reports they can see. But how do I control that they only see their sales data and not the other sales persons data.

One solution I can think of would be to filter the data before each report is generated, but I was thinking there has to be an easier way.

Any insight would be very helpful to me? :idot: Thanks Chuck

One follow up question: If three people are connected to the same database, do you need to purchase three versions of file maker pro? If so, can you mix pro vs advance. Thus the Advanced is hosting can the other two user connect with a regular file maker pro version?

Thanks again

Take a look at Ray Cologon's demo of Account based security to have a salesperson be able to view only their data.

If you are using peer-to-peer to share a FM file, you don't need advanced at all (even for the host). Yes, you can mix advanced and regular client. Yes, each client needs a licensed copy of FM.

Thank you for the quick reply. I will look at the link you provided. It sure is hard to be a newbee to something that is so advanced. I guesss it just takes time and experience. Thanks for your feed back. When I get better, I will be sure to pass it on. :)

This topic is 4670 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.