Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Emailing Attachments using smtp search

mvoogt

This topic is 4650 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to send PDF attachments out of Filemaker using the send mail script step and using an smtp server to send the mail.

On a PC everything works fine. However, if I run that script on a mac (on the same network) I error out and the email does not send.

Any ideas? I greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you. I ran the telnet smtp.gmail.com 465 test and it does connect. I should reiterate that sending emails via smtp works fine. It is only when I attach a file (no matter how small) that the email then errors.

There isn't anything to the scrip. Basically it is just a few global fields to fill in the To:, Subject:, and Body: fields. The odd thing about it that I found out today was I tried the scrip on my mac at home and sending attachments did work... I come back to work today, and I cannot send attachments. This sort of leads me to believe it might be something outside of FMP. Perhaps a port or something I need to open at the shop?

Thanks bcooney for the help. I believe that I have figured out the issue. It is my isp. There is something about sending mail from non-traditional mail apps that is a problem.

http://echeng.com/journal/2008/04/24/fixing-smtp-errors-from-yahooattsbcglobal-dsl/

So I guess I'm just going to have to work around it. Such an odd problem because everything works fine from all other locations.

Thanks again.

This topic is 4650 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.