Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Email Plugin Server Side not working?

This topic is 4653 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm running FMServer 11 Advanced on a Windows 2008R2 Virtual Server. I have the email plugin installed on the server side. When I run the schedule to retrieve email messages, it will not pull the email from imap.gmail.com. SSL is on.

I can however, pull email using the same script from the client side. FMPro 11, FMPro 11Advanced, both windows 7 and macintosh snow leopard.

I'm working with my IT representative who controls the server. Is there something specific we need to do regarding ports, etc. to make sure the retrieval can take place?

Thanks.

The server scheduled script will work with the same ports and everything as when it is running from filemaker pro, but there are a few general server things your need to keep in mind when running scripts on your server.

1. Check and make sure that the user your server is running the script as has full access to the fields and you're trying to read and write to/from

2. Make sure the plugin is installed and activated on your server.

3. Make sure that there is not a firewall blocking access on your server.

4. Check for errors - a function will return "ERROR" if something goes wrong, and then you can call EmailLastError to get details about what happened, or check the server plugin logs for the same message EmailLastError will return. These error messages should tell you what the problem is if your script is executing the plugin functions.

5. Check and make sure that you do not have any server-incompatible script steps that may be causing your script to exit early.

This topic is 4653 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.