Server Maintenance This Week. ×

MMScripts Example

This topic is 4634 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to evaluate MMScripts, particularly for the capacity to check for idleness. Given it's the end of the week and I guess I'm brain dead, I need more explanation than I get from the help section. This is the info on the example at the website:

Create an Idle Script Event

To create an idle script event, use the MMScript_CreateIdleScriptEvent function. The format of the function is as follows:

MMScript_CreateIdleScriptEvent( EventName ; Script ; IdleTime {; DB {; EventValue {; Repeat {; Persistent }}}} )

The quickest way to schedule a script using this function is:

MMScript_CreateIdleScriptEvent( "MyIdleEvent" ; "Time Out" ; "15m" )

The above code will run the script "Time Out" if the user does not interact with FileMaker for 15 minutes.

If you want the event to activate again once the user does interact, then you want to set the "Repeat" parameter to True....

MMScript_CreateIdleScriptEvent( "MyIdleEvent" ; "Time Out" ; "15m" ; Get ( FileName ) ; "MyValue" ; True )

My questions are these:

I must not be seeing the big picture here to understand how this all ties together.

Where does the MMScript_CreateIdleScriptEvent go or is put in/onto? Does something get put on each layout, or does it work file-wide?

Would the MMScript_CreateIdleScriptEvent go into the body of the 'Time Out' script itself?

Any chance there is a demo file out there with this function built in to experience and pick apart?

Thanks for any help. I'm trying to make my decision in time for the discount (end of Aug).

This topic is 4634 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.