Server Maintenance This Week. ×

omitting records + web publishing

This topic is 8437 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hi, i had hoped to use FileMaker's ability to OMIT records to take items off a web site but not delete them. The problem i have is that when someone searches via the web it seems to reset the Filemaker databse and un-omit the records i had omitted within filemaker.

do i need to change the way i query the DB from the web or is the a better way to do this.

now that i think about it, it would be handy to "omit" records via a web interface rather than from within FileMaker. I already have a web interface for adding and deleting and editing records via the web but i can't find any documentation on "omitting" records via web UI.

you can see my temp site here: http://www.images.co.uk/new

thanks in advance...

"The problem i have is that when someone searches via the web it seems to reset the Filemaker databse and un-omit the records i had omitted within filemaker."

Web Companion accesses the shared FMP database just like any other multiple user: they see the whole database, all the records, independently of what the found set is on the server.

To get what you want, you'll need to build a -find into the url that people use to connect into the database/web site, so that each web user performs the omit (the find replicates what the omit would do) when they enter.

[This message has been edited by Vaughan (edited March 21, 2001).]

This topic is 8437 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.