InsideScan 2.5 color issue

This topic is 4596 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone has experience with InsideScan? Just implemented taking pictures with a webcam and it works flawless. Takes picture, crops it 3:4 portrait and saves it to disk under a specific name. Very nice. Except that the image quality is super bad compared to what I see in the viewer of the twain driver. After the plugin processes the image, skin tone is purple, blue is orange and dark green is lime color... Suggestions welcome.

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "Database Schema & Business LogicCustom Functions" to "Brain FoodThird Party IntegrationBar Codes (Printer, Scanners, Software)".

I don't use "InsideScan", however several do, I just did Google Search for fmforums insidescan and got a few hits.

BTW, I don't see the connection between your question, and Custom Function Topic where you posted it?

Yeah, I guess I posted it way off, sorry bout that... I found the solution btw. Got an email from tech support having me add "inverse=yes" to the statement. Apparently my camera takes snapshots inversed. Weird.

Plugin btw is awesome. I now can add photos into my database directly from Filemaker. It even crops it to a nice 3:4 portrait proportions (or whatever crop you need). Absolutely worth the investment.

Update: Email from tech support...

"The problem is not strictly related to your webcam, it's a problem with some scanner's drivers that return RGB triplets in inverse order: that's why we added the inverse=yes parameter to InsideScan..."

This topic is 4596 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.