Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Report missing body content

The Missing Man

This topic is 4612 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Being a newbie is filled with dumb problems and this is one of them.

I am doing a report that isn't working. My summary field is all correct in tabulating all my records needed for a project but my body is showing only one of my line items for a particular project record, no matter which view I look from, which has me confused. How do i get all my line items showing into my report? When I have done reports in the past I have never had this problem but creating new reports every 6-9 months seems to leave me re-learning things each time and as such I seem to be missing something basic this time round.

I want to create a basic invoice report to print and submit to clients.

Currently for data input I have a layout made up of client, project, invoice, line item and contact tables all working fine together. In this form with the line items as a portal I can see everything on screen correctly. But now I want to print the report.

For the printing report:

My header lists the client, project with the needed contact person and invoice number (all working as planned).

----------------------------

The Body is my problem area it has the line items with price etc... But it only shows one line item and none of the others, no matter which mode I am in.

----------------------------

Summary gives me the correct sub total of all line items, taxes involved and grand total

But as I mentioned I only get the first line item in the body area. It doesn't matter if I am in list mode or not.

Right now I am using the fields directly from the line items in the body copy which I am thinking is somehow my problem.

I even tried creating new fields from my Invoicing Table with fields that = those found in line items but I still only get the first record. Not sure what's the problem.

Summary does work though, totaling all the missing records not seen.

I am confused because my portal works so I am thinking everything is linked properly.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

"Right now I am using the fields directly from the line items in the body copy which I am thinking is somehow my problem."

Correct. I should explain a bit ...

You are on layout based upon Invoices. Your POV (point of view) into LineItems (unless you use a portal) sees only the first related child (first lineitem). That's why you need portals. Portals don't function in table mode. LineItem fields placed directly onto an Invoice layout will always only display the first related record (according to sort order specified in the relationship or in natural sort order of creation).

We print invoices from LineItems so it shows one lineitem for every record in the body.

This topic is 4612 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.