Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Conditional Format - Drop down list?

Skipi

This topic is 4602 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Is it possible to add conditional formatting to a drop down list?

I was hoping to add a second field to my list that would show 'In Stock',then if the value contained 'In Stock' it would highlight in red.

This would allow me to quickly identify the items in the list that are in stock. I have the second field with this info, but a colour change would be even better.

Thanks in advance,

Skip

Now that I have some more time, let me share the thoughts I had reading your post.

1. You are using a drop-down list. Hmmm. I wonder, for what? Is it to help a user select a product in a line items table? If so, a drop down list is not the best choice, because you want to store an ID, not a product text description, in the line items table. Apparently, you have two fields that comprise the value list, so you do not seem to be using an ID at all. Not good.

2. Drop-downs and popup menus sometimes become unwieldy when the number of selections exceed 10. That's the time to explore other interface techniques for selections. One technique is a popup select window. With such an interface, you could easily filter the selection choices to "in stock" or all.

3. I wonder how you determine if an item is "in stock."

Perhaps, if you want, you could share with us your data model.

This topic is 4602 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.