Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Best way to create an application...

This topic is 4583 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hey,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, not sure where I should ask it...

The company I work for is wanting to get a quoting and invoicing application made for the iPad.

Now we have been using an App made by another company but it just doesn't meet our needs for design and support.

So my boss has asked me to look into having something made in-house. Now I have no programming experience (besides HTML) so I won't be writing the code, we will be hiring someone to do this, but I have put together an outline of what we need and I need some advise on where to go next.

We are stuck trying to work out if we should make a Web App, iOS native App or use something else such as FileMaker.

The outline is here Hosted on my own hosting site).

If anyone has some ideas on what is the best road to go down I would love to hear, also if anyone is interested in doing some coding let me know either here or via PM.

• 2 weeks later...

I developed (with the help of forum users, and some hired programing) a FileMaker app which our company uses daily both in the office and now, with FileMaker Go, remotely with our IPhones. I have to say, its pretty great. The boss doesn't fully understand the process of designing and building a custom app so it seems weekly he is looking for another feature. With the flexibility of FileMaker i am almost always able to provide the solution he is after. I would highly recommend using Filemaker. Its a great program and allows for easy expansion of your application. (as long as the design is in place from the start)

thats just my two cents worth :)

Heads up. A quoting and invoicing solution is not a novice-level project, especially if you add remote (FMGo) users. Hire a professional developer and consult with your accountant.

This topic is 4583 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.