Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Microsoft .docx Files Not Working

This topic is 3869 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all.

I have a client using SC to upload files through IWP and they repeatedly keep telling me that .docx files will not upload or download correctly.

I've tested it myself and been successful but none of their computers (Windows or Mac) are able to do it.

Client reports being able to connect ok, but after uploading the icon does not appear correctly as with other file types.

Has anyone else run into issues using .docx files with SC in IWP?

Any help in any direction would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks.

~ Will

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've kind of the same problem. In my case i's about xlsx files. The files are uploaded correctly. But not recognized as a excel file on download. If i choose to save instead of open i get an unzippt version of the document. It seems to be working fine as long as the filename don't contain any high ascii charters. I cant use the plugin so there is no way for me to strip those charters.

• 11 months later...

Sorry for the delay in posting a response on this.  

The docx files seem to be uploading fine now, but now a new problem has arrived. :(

docx files are uploaded on the IWP side of the system using SuperContainer, however... when administrators on the Filemaker side go to view the files from the SuperContainer, Windows automatically converts the files to .zip format.

I've tried adjusting MIME settings on the client and server ends to no avail.

I have been able to get the files to open after downloading by changing the file type manually, but my client is not satisfied with this solution.

Has anyone else run into this issue and discovered a solution?

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

same here for PPTX files....downloading as ZIP.  

its not a specific computer - anyone on Windows/IE has the issue, but Macs are working OK

the download link shows a properly formed full path to the document as stored in SC

• 5 months later...
  • Newbies

Any solution discovered yet? I'm having the same issue here on my end. XLS files work fine, XLSX files try to open up as ZIP files - real annoying. You can manually force them to save as XLSX files but I'd rather not have all 75+ users wasting their time like that. Files open file if forced to open in chrome, firefox, etc. The issues is within Internet explorer and there is no way to avoid it when working with SuperContainer.

I'm running SuperContainer v2.89

Internet Explorer 8

SuperContainer is hosted on Windows Server 2008 R2

This topic is 3869 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.