Server Maintenance This Week. ×

QODBC Scheduled Script on Filemaker Server 10 Hangs

This topic is 4582 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greetings FM Colleagues,

I have recently been working on grabbing data from our Outlet's system (Quickbooks POS) for reporting purposes within FMP. It appears that QODBC now supports POS.. so I got my hands on the demo, and have had very successful results.

I noticed the driver does not seem to support the typical ESS connection... but, you can script an ODBC Import via SQL Command.

I have basically written two scripts. One pulls daily inventory numbers and updates a table.

The other script pulls order line items for the previous day, and imports them into another table.

These two scripts work perfectly if done from a client machine that has the QODBC driver installed.

I installed the Driver, and Quickbooks POS on the server has houses my Filemaker Server.

I then attempted to schedule these scripts to run once a day around 4 AM.... So far, I don't understand what the issue is. I have gone back into the scripts to make sure they are pointed at the correct ODBC connection... everything appears normal..

The script will start.. and run, and run, and run... never actually initialize the driver (which has a status bar icon in the tray)... not only that.. I cannot get it to terminate. The only way to halt the script is to Restart the Entire Filemaker Server Service.

I did read on a post, that using the "error capture" command in the script could possibly alleviate the infinite hang, in case an error message is being produced. I am a little hesitant to try since it is hard to find a time when everyone is out of the system to restart it. But even if it fixes the hang, it doesn't explain why it isn't working.

I am wondering if anyone else experienced issues with this particular driver, or scripting an OBDC import in general.

Like I said, the scripts work perfectly if executed through a client, with a button.... but I really wanted to automate this...

Thanks!

This topic is 4582 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.