Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Windows Firefox or Mac Safari = DB select infinite loop?

This topic is 4575 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Anyone run into troubles with IWP and accessing the DB from Firefox on the PC or Safari on the Mac? We have a DB that has been enabled and it works fine when accessed via Firefox on the Mac or IE on Windows. But if you try to access it with FF(Win) or Safari(M) you get in a DB selection loop.

This loops starts at the DB selection page. Using the "...iwp_home.html" link works OK and gives you a DB selection screen. (We have two DBs actually that are shown.) If you click on one (doesn't matter which one), it just takes you back to the same DB selection screen instead of bringing up the login screen. Again, it works fine from other browsers on the same computers.

Thanks,

C

Apparently some folks have been able to get in if they turn Private Browsing ON. Others have reported problems with it on or off. Very odd. A Javascript permissions thing?

(I just tested this on my system: Win 7 Firefox 8 - fails in normal mode (i.e. loops), works fine in Private Browsing mode.)

OK, I may have figured it out. I disabled cookies for the web site of the DB and it works fine now. Yes, DISABLED cookies and it allowed me access. I got no more loop. If I reenabled cookies, I got loop-locked. That is why Private browsing worked - it disables all cookies. But you can set up just a single site exception in Firefox, and I would guess in Safari, too.

-- Justin

This topic is 4575 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.