Server Maintenance This Week. ×

IWP Adding Image Reference - Need Alternate Method

This topic is 4566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have IWP working and i can reference images following FM's instructions which states:

- Images must be referenced via FMP and the referenced in the WEB folder of the FMP installation directory

- Those Images must also exist in the same directory structure in the IIS website directory

I have gotten this to work.

Now the issue:

I have a network share with thousands of images for products and i would like to know if there is a simple way to reference these images without having to do the insane amount of work i have been doing. here is how i do it now:

1. Copy the image i need to reference locally to the WEB folder of the FMP installation directory (the image folder is called IMAGES inside of the WEB folder)

2. Copy that image to the IMAGES folder located in the website directory in IIS

Now you can see how this can be a problem since we have 12 users adding mage references for products . Every user has to copy the images locally to the WEB folder, then also to the IIS folder for the images. I cannot make the IIS folder the main directory folder as another database uses the currently shared images. Moving them would cause issues.

Does anyone have any ideas or would like to share how they have accomplished this?

Is there no easier way to reference images other than by copying them to the local web folder and the iis site directory?

Your help is greatly appreciated

This topic is 4566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.