Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Pricing help!

Anatoli

This topic is 8248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey all how is it going? I am a self taught FM user who has been recently been asked to do some consulting for a company. I will be building them a FM file that will handle their schedules and generate tickets for them for there jobs. I have built similiar fiels before so getting them done is not the problem. But I have no idea what to charge for something like this. I will also be installing it for them and putting it on the network and getting them up to speed. I would really apperciate and help in getting them a quote. I just don't want to over charge them or really screw myself. I know their are alot of factors involved but any help would be great!

Thanks in advance

First time caller long time listener!

There are a couple of threads that have addressed this issue fairly well. I recommend reviewing:

http://www.fmforums.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=32&t=000014

http://www.fmforums.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=32&t=000012

I don't think there is a hard and fast rule for this, but these threads will give you some things to consider when figuring your price.

This is an area where I don’t think I can help you much! I’ve complained a lot in this forum that things in Germany are not like other countries, that it’s hard to get a contract etc. etc. But the prices are higher…. I tend to talk to a client, get them to create a book of functions, a list of what they do etc. etc. then I give them a fixed price and a delivery date. The usual price is somewhere between 5 and 10,000 German Marks, regardless of time spent or difficulty. After, or during, they tend to come up with new ideas or wishes, I give them a price for each new wish, which is added to the final price. Schooling and service are priced at fixed hourly rates: 130 German Marks per hour for schooling, + travel, food and accommodation (if needed), and any extra costs that I wouldn’t have if I stayed at home; Updates (My programming) fixed price per new function – installation of FM products DEM 50 per PC/Mac or Server 100 DEM + extra costs for travel, accommodation etc.

Plug-ins Programming DEM 180 per hour or fixed price

Telephone help – DEM 25 DEM per call (15 mins max) or 2 DEM per min

If these prices help you, them I’m glad,

Rigsby

This topic is 8248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.