Filemaker and intergrated word processing

This topic is 4529 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello everybody

Here is what I try to accomplish.

Our service is suppose to create reports. A document with tabels, screenshots, some text and save it within filemaker.

But is must be comfortabel like using a word processor. I do not want to use an external programm that creates files, that must be inserted into filemaker afterwards. The solution should lie within filemaker. Now my thought was to use a WYSIWYG editor like http://nicedit.com/ combine it with a webviewer and integrate in filemaker. Or some good plugin. The solution should be portable if possible.

Here are my problems.

• My tests show that when I use the webviewer to display html + base64 encoded images, then webviewer will only display the code when I do not use more then 30000 characters. Any workaround?
  • How to get html code from the webviewer into a field? Which plugin/technique to use?

or how about a java class that is able to word process?

• I searched the whole internet for a nice to use java class, that I could use with the scriptmaster plugin, to integrate word procesing into filemaker. haven't found anything.

Or is there a completely different approach to this?

thanks for any hints and tricks ;)

Robert

Hello everybody

Here is what I try to accomplish.

Our service is suppose to create reports. A document with tabels, screenshots, some text and save it within filemaker.

But is must be comfortabel like using a word processor. I do not want to use an external programm that creates files, that must be inserted into filemaker afterwards. The solution should lie within filemaker. Now my thought was to use a WYSIWYG editor like http://nicedit.com/ combine it with a webviewer and integrate in filemaker. Or some good plugin. The solution should be portable if possible.

Here are my problems.

• My tests show that when I use the webviewer to display html + base64 encoded images, then webviewer will only display the code when I do not use more then 30000 characters. Any workaround?
  • How to get html code from the webviewer into a field? Which plugin/technique to use?

or how about a java class that is able to word process?

• I searched the whole internet for a nice to use java class, that I could use with the scriptmaster plugin, to integrate word procesing into filemaker. haven't found anything.

Or is there a completely different approach to this?

thanks for any hints and tricks ;)

Robert

Sounds like a nightmare... the only advice I'd give is don't try and use a database to do the job of a word processor.

This topic is 4529 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.