relative paths?

This topic is 4551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

ok, i'm completely new to filemaker server. never had a need for it until recently. so, that being said....i'm stuck. i moved one of my databases over to the fms on my server and access is from multiple fmp clients in our office. i have a few reports that i need to save out as pdf...but the relative path doesn't work anymore. so, i've tried multiple directories and can't get it to export. i just want it to save into a folder that is in the same directory as the fp7 file. i've tried creating a variable to:

"file:/Weekly Reports/name.pdf"

"file:WeeklyReports/name.pdf"

"file:name.pdf"

"fmnet:/<ip address>/path/name.pdf"

fms.png

any ideas?? oh, and yes, fms has full read write on that directory. i've even set it to everyone having full permissions. still can't save there. this is the error i get:

fms1.jpg

"to the fms on my server" huh? Are you truly hosting the file with FMS or are you using a file server?

You cannot save a file to the FMS. You can save a file to a shared volume.

no, fms is installed on a server here at my office. when you import a database into fms, it moves the fp7 file to the mac osx library folder. in that folder that is holding my fp7 file, i made a sub directory that should store all of these pdf's so that we can have them for later use. but it won't actually save. i did a lot of testing, and i actually can't get it to save anywhere on the server at all. i can, however, use the Get (DesktopPath) option that will save it to the user's desktop on the local machine, but i'm needing it to be in one centralized area (the server).

This topic is 4551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.