Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Encryption Plugin

proton

This topic is 8246 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The problem is that the BROWSER must also do the same encryption, which means either a java applet or at least javascript besides just a plugin.

I have a free plugin that does RC4 (browser type) and RC6, and troi has an excellent plugin that does tripleDES.

But using either of these is only half of the solution, you also need something on the client side to encrypt the data on the browser before sending it.

You might want to look into SSL instead.

quote:

Originally posted by David McKee:

The problem is that the BROWSER must also do the same encryption, which means either a java applet or at least javascript besides just a plugin.

I have a free plugin that does RC4 (browser type) and RC6, and troi has an excellent plugin that does tripleDES.

But using either of these is only half of the solution, you also need something on the client side to encrypt the data on the browser before sending it.

You might want to look into SSL instead.

David,

I know what you mean. I am planning on using SSL already. What I am looking at is this:

SSL will be used to encrypt and secure data in transit over the web, but when it resides in my database I would like certain 'sensitive' fields encrypted. You understand? Because it is safe travelling over the web, but to add extra protection to it in the database may become necessary. I know this is a difficult problem.

This topic is 8246 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.