Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Getting Ranges Toolbox plugin to work

Fuper

This topic is 8217 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Poor me is confoosed. When supplied with a gBeginDate and a gEndDate, my calc field using rgTx returns only -01, and the portal ain't coughin' up no stinkin' data fer crap like that. I've compared my syntax, field types, etc. with the demo file and find no difference; I even padded the range to match the demo and no luck.

Is there better documentation available for this promising leetle gem?

Make sure that the date fields you are supplying to the plugin are "text". They should look like a string of numbers and not a formatted date. This plugin expects a string of numbers as input and will return a CR/LF delimited string of numbers as output. To make sure that you have the parameter syntax correct, try sending a starting value of 1 and an ending value of 10 without any pre or postfix. It should just give you a list of numbers from 1 to 10. Once you get it down it's a great plugin!

Good luck!

I got it to work, but it didn't seem to require attention to data types returned. Rather, the 1-to-10 exercise worked when I remembered to add the leading and trailing separators (the vertical bar: |). It became evident when I copied and pasted the demo formula into my own test file and began altering it piece by piece: If there is room for five parameters, it must always require separators for five parameters.

Thanks for the encouragement. Now, Brother McKee, let's see what that "version" function is about...

This topic is 8217 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.