Locking FM Go to One Record

This topic is 4505 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've not started this project but I'm trying to get my head around how I might go about it. The client is a doctors office and they have asked about giving a patient an iPad to fill out information on, instead of those paper forms they give us then have to retype them later.

I know that at the time of the visit a Patient should already have a minimum of First and Last name already entered in the DB. Do to this doctors work there is almost zero chance of a walk in appointment.

How might you go about handing the patient the iPad ready for them to input their own info.

My first thought is to have the receptionist first find the record, input a security code to lock FM Go to this record and when she get it back he or she could unlock it by entering a code again. Getting ready for the next patient.

I've not really thought threw this 100% so any suggestion or gotcha's to look out for would be greatly appreciated.

If you don't wish to reinvent the wheel perhaps you could license a solution from another filemaker developer?

Electronic patient information

• Imagine how nice it would be to avoid filling out the same paperwork again and again every time you visit the doctor’s office. Kate Lee of Fiddlehead Softwareand her team used FileMaker Go for iPad to create a solution to automate the patient intake process in a few clicks – no more clipboards, far more convenience and accuracy. Source

I would imagine that the iPad would only contain ONE individual patient any given point after they receive the iPad back they could initiate one of a few ways to import the data back in to your database. That aside I would also imagine if you had access to the database on the network there are other considerations you need to account for HIPPA for example. In this case you may also wish to employ full user account credentials on the database and then set a flag on the record to provide record level access only to that one record in the database.

This topic is 4505 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.