Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sending FMP an Apple Event (from C++)

This topic is 8213 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Good information, thank you. One thing I didn't think of that those posts made me realize was the fact that you can compile a script. So.. I compiled a simple AppleScript that I wrote to do what I needed. Then opened the compiled resource in ResEdit. The compiled code had some visible creator/type pairs, such as "kfrmID ", plus the types "vlue", "ccel", and "cDB ". Some of those I knew, but what I didn't definitely helps. I think it looks like the script sends a "file open" event passing the full path to the test database (which would set Filemaker's focus on it) and then somehow creates an object of type "ccel", with some kind of property "kfrmID " set to the value I typed. I didn't see any types for an AEList, so I have to assume the ID is passed as an SInt32 array (hopefully). I'll get it sooner or later.. smile.gif" border="0

Thanks again!

-Sean

• Newbies

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a quick example or where I could look to find the correct method for sending a specific Apple Event message to Filemaker from an external program. In AppleScript the message would be the equivalent of:

get data of cell 1 of database "test"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Sean

This topic is 8213 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.