Server Maintenance This Week. ×

mail sent through Outlook on a Mac

tomp

This topic is 4455 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

One of my clients is using Outlook on their mac for email. Messages sent from my FileMaker solution to Outlook seem to have the 'carriage return' character ignored. All text runs together with no paragraphing.

I don't have Outlook on my computer. Is this a problem between FileMaker/Outlook, or is there some preference in Outlook to correct this?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have an answer to your question, but just wanted to chime in that I am seeing the same issue. I have Outlook set up as the default email client, and with a Send Mail script set up to email field contents in the body of an email, the text runs together with no paragraphing in the email. I am also looking for a solution, will keep you posted. You can also download a free trial version of MS Office with Outlook for 30 days if you want to test it.

This thread: http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/65699-emailing-a-pdf-form-from-fm-9/page__p__311349#entry311349

has great information on how to send a record as a PDF attachment. Bcooney's file was extremely helpful to me. This set up allows the user to get the PDF with the formatting as an email attachment. In the test I did, text was copyable from the PDF (using text tool) and pastable into a Word doc with formatting. Hope this helps.

This topic is 4455 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.