Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Functions listing !

This topic is 8313 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello everybody,

I began yesterday to develop a plug-in for FileMakerPro 5.0 with Visual C++ 6.0. I bought FileMaker Developer Edition. The problem is that on the CD, there is only a listing of functions for JAVA. I need a listing of function for VC++6.0 ( How to add a record, to "go to a field", ... ).

If you know where I could find this, please answer.

Yannick

• 2 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by yannickn:

Hello everybody,

I began yesterday to develop a plug-in for FileMakerPro 5.0 with Visual C++ 6.0. I bought FileMaker Developer Edition. The problem is that on the CD, there is only a listing of functions for JAVA. I need a listing of function for VC++6.0 ( How to add a record, to "go to a field", ... ).

If you know where I could find this, please answer.

Yannick

For a plugin, all the functions that are available to you are contained in the EFP API, which mostly consists of:

FMExtern.h

FMExtern.c

FMFlags.h

The EFP API is not nearly even close to the functionality of the Java Classes. All you can do in terms of FileMaker interaction is receive text and return text to a calling field calc.

All the plugin tricks you see on the web are mostly plugin-OS interaction/calls. (Sometimes via AppleScript and/or ActiveX etc.)

Check out the "Template" and "Full Example" plugins on the CD for more detailed info, they are provided as source code.

Hope this helps!

-Dave

This topic is 8313 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.