Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Automatic appointment of refrees

This topic is 4459 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Dear all,

I have a list of refrees in premier league which consists 40 entries. There are 9 matches each week in the league. For every match must one refree, one fourth refree and two assistant refrees be appointed. All I want to do is an automatic appointment of the most appopriate refree by File Maker.

The criterias are as follows:

-When one refree is appointed for a match, next two weeks he cannot be appointed for either of the teams.

-He must get at least 8 points by an observer, otherwise he cannot be appointed for a match for one month.

-There is an exception list of refrees. There will be a weekly exception list. If the refree has indicated an exception, he won't be appointed for any match until he claims he has no exception.

-A refree cannot be appointed for a team which is from the city the refree comes.

Can you please help me if this is possible? I can provide the list of entries and premier league program or anything if needed.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,

Alper

All I want to do is an automatic appointment of the most appopriate refree by File Maker.

The criteria that you listed could be used to create a list of referees eligible for a match. I don't see the criteria to determine which one is "the most appropriate" one from the list.

With 4 referees * 9 matches required every week, isn't 40 entries a dangerously low number?

The list of refrees eligible for a match is not exactly what I want, but can be useful for my purposes. Actually there are 40 refrees and 80 assistant refrees in the premier league. So this number of canditates are enough.

I want to have the appopriate refree appointment after I upload the list of matches every week. So this means every week 9*4=36 refrees (9 refrees, 9 fourth refrees, 18 assistans refrees) will be appointed.

Is what I want to do is possible? Thank you very much.

I can't do this for you, I can only outline the procedure (or one of possible procedures). For each match, do a find in the Referees table for eligible referees, using the criteria you have listed in the first post.

Since there are 4 referees per match, and each referee is graded by an observer(?), it would be convenient to have a dedicated table for the assignments (with fields for MatchID, RefereeID, Role and Grade).

This topic is 4459 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.