SCSetContainer won't show .tif files in container?

This topic is 4436 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

SCSetContainer (calc field-result container) set-up to display SC files in a portal.

Works with jpegs but with tifs SC only shows the image file name plus graphics icon in the container - no image. I can view the tif files into a separate container field no problem (right click, insert picture). Also, SC can display the tif either as a thumbnail (from "Files") or raw file ("RawData").

Would it work if SCSetContainer pointed to the RawData file rather than the file in the 'Files' folder?

Should work either way if SuperContainer is deployed using deployment method #1 (standalone) and on a Mac OS X machine. For .tiff images to display thumbnails, you would need to make use of the Core Images X library available on Mac OS X machines. If you have SuperContainer deployed another way, then a standard image icon will be displayed along with the filename.

So, "Files/" and "RawData/" should not be a factor.

If using this in a portal row with Container fields, simply using the SCGetContainer() plug-in function (and specifying a width and height parameter), SuperContainer will generate the thumbnail and place it into the container field.

For example:

SCGetContainer( "/path/to/my/image" ; 250 ; 530 );

Hope this helps,

Should work either way if SuperContainer is deployed using deployment method #1 (standalone) and on a Mac OS X machine. For .tiff images to display thumbnails, you would need to make use of the Core Images X library available on Mac OS X machines. If you have SuperContainer deployed another way, then a standard image icon will be displayed along with the filename.

So, "Files/" and "RawData/" should not be a factor.

If using this in a portal row with Container fields, simply using the SCGetContainer() plug-in function (and specifying a width and height parameter), SuperContainer will generate the thumbnail and place it into the container field.

For example:

Hope this helps,

Should work either way if SuperContainer is deployed using deployment method #1 (standalone) and on a Mac OS X machine. For .tiff images to display thumbnails, you would need to make use of the Core Images X library available on Mac OS X machines. If you have SuperContainer deployed another way, then a standard image icon will be displayed along with the filename. So, "Files/" and "RawData/" should not be a factor. If using this in a portal row with Container fields, simply using the SCGetContainer() plug-in function (and specifying a width and height parameter), SuperContainer will generate the thumbnail and place it into the container field. For example:

Hope this helps,

Thanks for the above but I'm not quite there yet....

I have SC deployed via TomCat on a Windows server box. If I understand how SC works then a webviewer pointed to a SC file via a URL of type "http://IP address:8080/SuperContainer/Files/images/" & ID should give me a thumbnail image autosized for the webviewer but this will/might not work for certain .tif files if SC is hosted in anything other than 'stand alone' mode, eg. on TomCat as I have here. In contrast, if I swap /Files/ to /RawData/ in the URL the image should be rendered OK in a webviewer irrespective of file type. If this is correct then I'm either doing something wrong or I'm just lucky as I can see .tif and .jeg files in a webviewer whether rendered as thumbnails or the raw image.

What I can't see is a .tiif file displayed in a FM container field within a portal using SCGetContainer ( "images/" & ID ; 70 ; 50 ) although I can insert the .tif into a regular container and it will display. I guess what I can't understnad is how the regular container field can display the .tif but the SCGetContainer calc field isn't able to.

Thanks for the above but I'm not quite there yet.... I have SC deployed via TomCat on a Windows server box. If I understand how SC works then a webviewer pointed to a SC file via a URL of type "http://IP address:8080/SuperContainer/Files/images/" & ID should give me a thumbnail image autosized for the webviewer but this will/might not work for certain .tif files if SC is hosted in anything other than 'stand alone' mode, eg. on TomCat as I have here.

Just noticed that you said you had SuperContainer deployed on a Windows server box... You would need to have SuperContainer deployed on a Mac OS X machine in standalone mode for a .tiff thumbnail to be generated and displayed in a Container field. This is why you are simply receiving a .tiff icon in the container.

Take a look at the following link from our SuperContainer Product Support wiki page to learn more about the Core Images X library and SC.

Standalone mode looks like this. If you have a Java console window open on your machine that looks similar to that, then yes, you are running in standalone mode.

In contrast, if I swap /Files/ to /RawData/ in the URL the image should be rendered OK in a webviewer irrespective of file type. If this is correct then I'm either doing something wrong or I'm just lucky as I can see .tif and .jeg files in a webviewer whether rendered as thumbnails or the raw image. What I can't see is a .tiif file displayed in a FM container field within a portal using SCGetContainer ( "images/" & ID ; 70 ; 50 ) although I can insert the .tif into a regular container and it will display. I guess what I can't understnad is how the regular container field can display the .tif but the SCGetContainer calc field isn't able to.

I am not quite sure what you are doing differently, but I just tried to use the SCGetContainer( "folderPath/" & ID ; 100 ; 200 ) with a .tiff file and it worked just fine. If you do not provide a width and height parameter, then you will simply get a standard .tiff icon in the container field.

Regards,

Just noticed that you said you had SuperContainer deployed on a Windows server box... You would need to have SuperContainer deployed on a Mac OS X machine in standalone mode for a .tiff thumbnail to be generated and displayed in a Container field. This is why you are simply receiving a .tiff icon in the container.

Take a look at the following link from our SuperContainer Product Support wiki page to learn more about the Core Images X library and SC.

Standalone mode looks like this. If you have a Java console window open on your machine that looks similar to that, then yes, you are running in standalone mode.

I am not quite sure what you are doing differently, but I just tried to use the SCGetContainer( "folderPath/" & ID ; 100 ; 200 ) with a .tiff file and it worked just fine. If you do not provide a width and height parameter, then you will simply get a standard .tiff icon in the container field.

Regards,

Sorry to be a pest on this but I'd just like to clarify that unless SC is running on OSX in standalone mode then I should not be able to see a tif image neither as a thumbnail in a webviewer, via a URL of type "http://IP address:8080/SuperContainer/Files/images/"&ID&"?height=64&width=64", nor in a container in a portal via SCGetContainer ( "folderPath/" &ID ; 50 ; 40 ). If correct what I don't get is that at the moment I see the former but not the latter with SC deployed on win2k8 via Tomcat.

This topic is 4436 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.