adding together the contents of the same field from various records

This topic is 4406 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi. I have created a FM database on a friend's Mac to record invoices that I receive from one employment agency. I have fields for invoice number, staff name, no. of hours and hourly rate, milage, and the cost which is a calculation field.

Sometimes, I have up to five records with the same invoice number and date, but different work dates, hours worked etc as several days may be on one invoice.

I want to create a field that adds the end total cost of each field that shares the same invoice number but am struggling.

I would also be interested to know if it is possible to make FM stop asking for a "date paid" if an invoice has not been paid. I tried to attach a copy with false names to demonstrate but this website wouldn't allow me to.

If anybody has any advice, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks

Sarah

• Newbies

No, because one invoice may contain several days all worked by the same employee. If Mrs X works on Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday in one week, all of those shifts will go onto one timesheet, and therefore one invoice with the same number as the timesheet. I then use the invoice / timesheet number as the reference when paying that invoice via Barclays online banking, making it much easier to do my end of year accounts.

When I am checking bank statements and older invoices, I can easily find the information needed by searching for the invoice number. If there was a problem on a particular day, I can also very easily see who was working.

Wouldn't having each entry from one timesheet mean that each record would have to have many more fields to accommodate what could be seven shifts? Would that be what you would do?

I have been wondered whether an IF STATEMENT could be used?

This topic is 4406 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.