Irregular shape buttons

This topic is 8451 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi!

I cannot figure out how to create an irregular shaped button. I want to place buttons on a map and have regions on the map be Hot... the only way I came close was to create a bunch of simple graphic objects (rect, oval, lines) and group them before making them into a button. When I cpy and paste graphics in bitmap or Pict (from AppleWorks 6) the area is always rectangular, although the object is transparent where need be...

Any ideas?

-Arby

Bitmaps are always rectangular or square. Try a drawing program like Illustrator or Draw and make the areas that are empty the same color as the background color of your layout. If the images are small (icon size) you can also try an icon program such as Icon Edit

arby,

The only way I know how to make an irregular button shape is basically the same way as what you are doing. I use a series of 2 or 3 point parrallel lines drawn in black until I get the shape I want, then group them as buttons and then make the group transparent. It works like what you are talking about, on a map as clickable regions. It's not a pretty way, but it does work and you won't get the overlaps or blank areas.

This topic is 8451 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.