Filemaker Server 5.5 and 7.0 on the same server

This topic is 4377 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey there,

We have a Mac OSX server with Filemaker 7.0, and a Windows 2003 server with Filemaker 5.5. I'd really like to get rid of our Mac server and put them both on the same server. However, I have a feeling issues may arise by having two different versions of Filemaker on the same server. Will this be an issue?

I know this is a strange setup with old versions of Filemaker, but both of our databases are dependent on their versions, particularly the database hosted on 5.5.

We are considering a second, dedicated Windows server to host Filemaker 5.5, but it'd certainly save a little bit of money by putting them on the same machine...

Any advice / suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks

If you are talking about the server versions of 5.5 and 7 then no you can not as they use the same port.

If you are talking about the server versions of 5.5 and 7 then no you can not as they use the same port.

Thank you much for your help! That answers my question. I have another one for ya, though I'm not sure how easy it is to answer. We have a spare server laying around, dual processor 3.20 GHz Xeons with a few gigs of ram. Anyways, it's not being used and I was thinking about putting Filemaker 7 on there with a 1-2GB database. On average we have anywhere from 3-7 people accessing the database. Does this seem like a machine that would be able to accommodate our load? Right now it's being held on a 6-7 year old Mac server so I imagine the spare server will replace it just fine... Thanks for your help. :)

This topic is 4377 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.