home page connection assistant woes

This topic is 8381 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

i am attempting to web-enable a rather large database created with FMP5 via a trial version fo Home Page 3.0 with no success. I managed to find the patch so that i would not receive the message "server not responding", so was able to actually choose the database in connection assistant, however if i have web security database open, i receive the server message sometimes. i am working on my own computer right now for testing, instead of the server. that is problem number one. the second is this: when i am to choose fields, i have no list of fields in any windows...none of my tutorial information helps me out with this one! has anyone else had this problem or might understand what kind of mess i have made, where my fields do not show up in the connections assistant? i am self-taught and trying to figure this out on my own with the help of this great forum and the FM website...any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

bobbi

Does your database have password restrictions? If so, you need to specify the paassword in the assistaant when connecting.

I've used Home Page ofetn to create the html format fiels, usuaally without problems aasa long as I remember the db password.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I get the same thing: if web security is on in FMP, the assistant doesn't show databases or fields. The solution is to turn the web security off while you're using the assistant. If you're not physically at the server, then reproduce the environment on your own computer while doing the development, and then just upload the whole folder of format files, images etc. to the server web folder.

Works for me!

Cheers,

Frank

This topic is 8381 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.