Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Container Export to Temp Path now fails (error 20403)

This topic is 3259 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Exporting a container field's contents (with the 'Export Field Contents' script step) to the Temporary Path (as set with Get(TemporaryPath)) now fails with an error 20403 under FMP12. Worked with FMP11.

Seems to be a number of deal-breaking bugs with FMP12's container field changes.

• 1 month later...

If you've figured this out, forgive me, but I had this error "Unknown Error 20403" when attempting to export to a temp directory from a container field with external storage in FMP12. Here was the problem on my machine: the GetAsText(containerfield) function returned a filename with the word "remote:" appended to the front of the actual filename (e.g., remote:file.pdf) . That seems to have been what was causing the error on my system (Mac OS 10.7). So, instead I used a nested Replace function to get rid of "remote"...it went like this:

Set Variable [$file_name; Value:Subsitute((GetAsText(table::file_container_field)); "remote:"; "")]

AND the global temporary container you're using MUST be present on the layout (for the GoToField(Select/perform)) to work later. You can hide it off the page to make it invisible, but it has to be there for some reason.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Newbies

An old topic I know but Splattos suggestion worked for me to. Thanks Splatto. My full script looks like this.

Set Variable [ $temp; Value:Case ( Abs ( Get (SystemPlatform)) = 1; "filemac:"; "filewin:" ) & Get

( TemporaryPath ) & Substitute((GetAsText(jndevelopmentnotes::relatedfile));"remote:"; "") ]

Export Field Contents [ jndevelopmentnotes::relatedfile; “$temp”; Automatically open ]

• 1 year later...
  • Newbies

I found out my Text filtering was deleted in upgrading!!!

Make sure that if you upgraded from FMP 11 TO 12, 13 or 14...that your Calculated Values in some of these fields didn't have their filtering wiped out like mine.

I use the filter calculation (listed below) to removed unwanted characters in a field...specifically for PDF exporting to filenames to be imported back into a container. Paths and scripts don't like some characters...which hopefully, I just saved you HOURS or DAYS trying to figure that one out. 

If you are a newbie this will help too.

I had to refilter and here is how I filter unwanted text out of field and replaced them with a space.

• Go to  - Manage Database
  • In Fields - Select the Field you want to filter
  • Click "Options"
  • Check box: Calculated Value
  • Click: Specify

add this:

Filter("~!@#$%^&*()<>,.:'=*/";" ")

You can add your own characters in the first half before in between the first set of quotes and before the  ;  After the ; what will be replaced, here with a only a space as we see at the end with empty quotes. " "

Enjoy!

Edited by Kimbakat
Fixed misspelling

This topic is 3259 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.