logon/security issue with FM Go/Ipad

This topic is 4371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an account with the 'Data Entry Only' Privilege set that does not require a password for login.

I use that account for the 'File Option' 'Log in Using' when opening the file.

On the Mac and PC, the file opens and proceeds to the 'home' screen without requiring any user validation.

However, when opening the file on an iPad, an account/password is required. The iPad does not accept the above account (I enter the account name but no password since one isn't defined), but using a full-access account name that does require a password does open the file.

Why is the file opening/login routine different on the iPad from the Mac and PC?

• 3 weeks later...

Which version of FMGO are you using?

If you are using FMGO 11 you must add a new extended privilege that is required for iPad and iPhone access (fmrestorelogin).

FMGO 12 Extended Privilege Changes:

Behavior when in the Background has been tweaked. The extended privilege fmrestorelogin has been replaced by fmreauthenticate, which has optional entry of a number of minutes of grace before re-authentication is required. The re-authentication dialog is used not only when restoring from hibernate, but also when switching from background to foreground and from sleep to wake. The setting "Try to restore Login?" is no longer used because it will always try to restore, subject to security settings

This topic is 4371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.