Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Conversion of container fields

This topic is 4364 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In this solution users capture a signature to print on a Bill of Lading. The signatures are captured using a plugin (eSign Signature Capture) and signature pad and all is working fine in FileMaker 11.

I did a test conversion to FileMaker 12. Navigation and scripts all work fine. The client is happy with the conversion and the new features they will get.

However, there seems to be a problem with the signatures that have been captured.

After conversion, the image shows up as a generic file icon with a title untitled. In the 11 version of the file, I can right click on any signature and select 'export field contents...' on the 12 version of the file, this is greyed out.

The field is a container field, with no auto enter, or calculation attached to it.

the FM 12 layout has no theme (ie it is classic), and the field is optimized for images (BTW, interactive didn't help)

The same file does have container fields in a system table that appear ok, so the problem appears to be with these signatures or field specifically.

Anyone else see this type of issue?

Any ideas on how to bring the signatures over to the new files?

TIA

Jerry

post-53649-0-36302500-1337265807_thumb.p

It's been a while since I worked with that plugin, but doesn't it capture the sig as text and then calculate the image, or something like that? Maybe it's v./versa. At any rate, I suggest you contact the plugin vendor and/or find out a little more about exactly how those sigs are captured and stored.

I already contacted the plugin developer separately regarding this issue.

The signature is captured into a container field. The plugin does offer the functionality you mentioned, but that is separate from my issue.

My issue is I have a container field with a gif in it. When I converted the file, the gif 1) doesn't show in the container field and 2) can't be exported using a right click.

The gif was put in by a plugin, that may or may not be important, I don't know yet.

Is it a calculated container? Does show/export in FileMaker 11 if you disable the plugin?

The gif file format might be an issue -- png or jpeg might be better.

Also, in FM 12 is the container field object on the layout set to be interactive?

This topic is 4364 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.